[SR-Users] Kamailio dispatcher

Spinov Evgeniy spinov_evgeniy at intalisan.com
Sun Jun 12 21:56:14 CEST 2011

Hello.

DCM> Hello,

DCM> to understand the scenario:
DCM> - first branch has destination uri ($du) set

Exactly.

DCM> - it failed and gets to failure route where you call ds_next_domain()
DCM> and $du s still the one from first branch?

Exactly. $du is being set by ds_select_dst() before t_relay() before
any branch in main loop. In failure route after ds_next_domain()
variable $du remains with old IP ( previous asterisk node ), while $rd
variable is updated.

DCM> What do you mean that "not any of the nodes receive the packet ..."?

Kamailio is standing before asterisks and relays packets to them. In
case, when there is no ds_next_domain() - packet is routed correctly
to the curtain node, defined by ds_select_dst(). While after
ds_next_domain() none of the 2 nodes receives the packet and call
terminates by the caller with "Request timeout". Looks like t_relay()
sends packet somewhere to blackhole.

Thank you.