[SR-Users] Functions for DNS

Nathan Angelacos nangel at nothome.org
Thu Jun 9 19:00:47 CEST 2011

I'm looking to build a set of contacts with q values based on SRV
records for serial/parallel forking.

I want "enum_query" (loading the contact set with a q value based on the
order,preference of the NAPTR record)  but the ruri is not an e.164
number, and SRV records are used instead.   Think in terms of "find all
peer proxies based on SRV lookup, and sort them for use with
t_load_contacts()/t_next_contacts()."

So far I haven't found any api that exposes the DNS lookups in sip-router.

Before rolling something custom with Lua, am I missing something that's
already documented?   Or are there plans to make such a module?  Sure
don't want to re-invent the wheel.

tia