[SR-Users] Best way to handle OPTIONS message with Max-Forwards of 0

Sean O'Donnell skodonnell at ureach.com
Wed Jun 8 18:28:03 CEST 2011

Hi:

We're running kamailio 1.5.5 as part of our VoIP infrastructure.  One of our
service providers
has an SBC that sends an OPTIONS messages with a Max-Forwards of 0.

Looking at RFC 3261 section 11, this seems to be a valid method of forcing the
proxy to respond to the OPTIONS.
However, the standard initial sanity checks in most proxy configs will reject
this message.  I fixed our script
by changing to this:

        # initial sanity checks -- messages with
        # max_forwards==0, or excessively long requests
        if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
                if( method != "OPTIONS" ) {
                        sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
                        return;
                };
        };
        if ( msg:len > max_len ) {
                sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
                return;
        };

but does anyone have a better solution?

Thanks,