[SR-Users] Using =~ to get the group identifier with longest match

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Jun 6 17:13:29 CEST 2011

2011/6/6 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>> - You say "It has option to return a value in a cfg variable, that can
>> be the group id for example". Do you mean pv_value AVP?:
>>     http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.1.x/modules/mtree.html#id2845134
>
> yes, but it can be any kind of writable variable, not restricted to AVP --
> see the example in the readme where it is a $var()
>>
>>   Would that AVP be filled with the content of the "value" column for
>> the matched row?
>
> Exactly
>>
>> - Which is the meaning of "payload" here?:
>>     http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.1.x/modules/mtree.html#id2807543
>
> when it is 0, will return the value as string in varibale. The goal is to
> parse in cache the value into some internal structure. Right now there is
> also the option of 1, expecting some 'id=value', both being integers, with
> the purpose of returning all matches for the prefix ordered by value. It
> hasn't be tested extensively and thus not documented - initially work was on
> hold to get first xavps so the structure can be returned nicely to config,
> then lack of time kept it posponed.
>>
>> - What does mt_match() return in case there is match? and when there is
>> not?
>
> True and false.

Thanks Daniel, please let me one question more: does the mtree module
allow setting two different tables (with maybe also different columns
names)? The function mt_match(mtree, pv, mode) seems to allow, as
first argument, the "model/table" to use, but I see no way of defining
different models, is it?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo