[SR-Users] Detect phone and fax

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Jul 31 16:59:43 CEST 2011

On 07/31/2011 10:58 AM, Linux Guy wrote:

> Is there any way to separate detect phone and fax calls in kamailio ?
> I understand that kamailio is a signaling proxy only but is there any
> way we can detect if a call is a fax or phone ?

Detect from the content of the acoustic bearer/media stream?  No.

If, in your particular scenario, there is some characteristic of the
signaling that can indicate what type of call it is, or if you can
look up the dialed number in a database that indicates this, then yes.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC