[SR-Users] Balancing incoming traffic (DID)

Anto potxoka at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 01:31:48 CEST 2011

Hello

It presents a problem because I do not know how to assimilate the
implementation. Until now we had a design of a proxy to balance out between
several gateway, but it will add another proxy for another service (other
users) and use the same gateway output or perhaps different (although not
that be better if divide or unify the gateway). The problem as I have with
the routing entry, which is not very well how to implement it.

Now we have the design like this:

                                            -GW ----\
                                          /                 - CARRIER1
USER ------ KAMAILIO -----  GW ---- +
                                          \                 - CARRIER2
                                            -GW ----/

And becomes like this:

                                                              -GW ----\
                                                          /
  - CARRIER1
USER ------ KAMAILIOSERVICE1 -----  GW ---- +
                                                          \
    - CARRIER2
                                                             -GW ----/

                                                              -GW ----\
                                                           /
  - CARRIER1
USER ------ KAMAILIOSERVICE2 -----  GW ---- +
                                                            \
  - CARRIER2
                                                              -GW ----/

Or maybe using the same gateway.

The problem is that each carrier provides DID number (I use the same for
both services). Kamailio had thought to put a gateway between the carriers
and that they did check the service and send it to the corresponding gateway
(in the case of the gateway separately), or put it in the proxy gateway and
making checking for routing to proxy (in the case of using the same
gateway). What would be better? Any recommendations on how to put this into
practice?.

The biggest question that I believe is the routing table, as if this new
proxy routes the traffic into and leaves her in the field via ip, also pass
through the output data (I have doubts whether SIP level, following standard,
you can not pass through the exit) and want it to be direct (USER -> Proxy
-> GW -> CARRIER), just past the entrance.

Anyone could advise me where I could find more information to set up this
scenario?. thanks and sorry for bothering you with this question ;-).

best regards