[SR-Users] How to get mem_summary (SIGUSR1) on a worker process?

Andrade Ricardo (CI/AFU1) Ricardo.Keigo at br.bosch.com
Tue Jul 26 17:08:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'd just like to say that I found the answer to my own question in the documentation:

With 3.x versions, you have to load ctl and cfg_rpc modules and execute:

sercmd cfg.set_now_int core mem_dump_pkg <pid>

http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/troubleshooting:memory

I did also write a patch to suppress the full memory dump, because I am only interested in the first lines of the status (total usage). This way I the server doesn't get blocked - full memory dump usually takes a VERY long time. Patch is attached and I'd be glad if something similar would be integrated in the trunk.

I've introduced a mem_summary option "16" to control that behavior.

Best regards,
Ricardo.