[SR-Users] Kamailio without sound, what to do?

Henrik Aagaard Sørensen henrikaagaardsorensen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 09:39:54 CEST 2011

I'm trying to setup a proxy and have installed rtpproxy.

Trying to start it via: rtpproxy -l _your_public_ip_ -s udp:localhost:7722
throws the warning:
rtpproxy: running this program as superuser in a remote control mode is
strongly not recommended, as it poses serious security threat to your
system. Use -u option to run as an unprivileged user or -F is you want to
run as a superuser anyway.

Will Kamailio accept WITH_NAT etc. if I run rtpproxy with -u as an unprivileged
user?