[SR-Users] Fresh Kamailio installation doesn't require authorization.

Henrik Aagaard Sørensen henrikaagaardsorensen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 15:51:36 CEST 2011

Thank you for looking at the cfg-file.

I've tried to read it and Googled a lot, but couldn't find anything wrong
with my config-file.

It says:
# *** To enable authentication execute:
#     - enable mysql
#     - define WITH_AUTH
#     - add users using 'kamctl'

I've done the above, even though I don't know how to "define WITH_AUTH".
Also , the code later on:
route[AUTH] {
#!ifdef WITH_AUTH
        if (is_method("REGISTER"))
        {
                # authenticate the REGISTER requests (uncomment to enable
auth)
                if (!www_authorize("$td", "subscriber"))
                {
                        www_challenge("$td", "0");
                        exit;
                }

                if ($au!=$tU)
                {
                        sl_send_reply("403","Forbidden auth ID");
                        exit;
                }
        } else {

says uncomment to enable auth. But it is already uncommented.