[SR-Users] Siremis & Asterisk

Roman Dmytriv roman at dmytriv.com
Fri Jul 22 03:45:25 CEST 2011

From: Daniel-Constantin Mierla [mailto:miconda at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:49 AM
To: SIP Router - Kamailio (OpenSER) and SIP Express Router (SER) - Users
Mailing List
Cc: Roman Dmytriv
Subject: Re: [SR-Users] Siremis & Asterisk

Hello,

On 7/21/11 12:12 AM, Roman Dmytriv wrote:

Hello,

I have my Kamailio super node up and running on Debian 6.0 machine and have
few questions:

I'm planning to install Asterisk and Siremis on top of it. Which I should do
first if it matters?

siremis does not interfere with asterisk, it is a web management interface.

If I install asterisk after Siremis is done will I still be able to manage
Kamailio using Siremis?

Do you have any guides documentations on how to do it?

http://kb.asipto.com/siremis:install20:main

I'm up to the point where I need to do Database configuration. This section
is confusing to me since I'm not that experienced with Linux. Do you mind
explaining Database configuration section in more details?

I was testing Jitsi and found out that I can only use IP for registrar not
FQDN. For proxy I can use FQDN no problem. What could possibly cause that?

Probably DNS issues on the system running jitsi.

Domain resolves correctly. To be 100% sure I even modified hosts file.
Perhaps configuration on super node? Kamctlrc is set to
SIP_DOMAIN=voip.mydomain.com

Any other possibilities?

Thank you

Roman