[SR-Users] dispatcher - call load distribution algorithm

Giuseppe Carella cargius at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 21:51:47 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm using kamailio like dispatcher, for INVITE requests.
The client is the IMS bench as UAC, and the backend node are
sip servlet container, in which is running an UAS servlet.
Between the client and kamailio there is the OpenIMSCore.
I was using the hash over callid like algorithm, and all
was going well.
Now I'm trying to use the last algorithm, based on the call load
of the destination backend, and the ACK message of
the same dialog is sent to another instance. I read on the documentation
that there is no SIP dialog tracking depending on other modules.
This is my configuration:

# main request routing block
route {
         if ( !mf_process_maxfwd_header("10") )
                     { sl_send_reply("483","To Many Hops"); exit; }
         # select from first dst group by round-robin
         if(!ds_select_dst("1", "10"))
                     { sl_send_reply("500", "No destination
available"); exit; }

         t_on_failure("RTF_DISPATCH");
         if(!t_relay())
         { sl_reply_error(); exit; }
}

# dispatcher failure routing block
failure_route[RTF_DISPATCH] {
          if (t_is_canceled()) { exit; }
          # select next destination only for local timeout
          if (t_branch_timeout() & !t_branch_replied())
          { if(ds_next_dst())
                      { t_on_failure("RTF_DISPATCH"); t_relay(); exit; }
          }
}

Thanks and best regards,
Giuseppe