[SR-Users] issue tracking system

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 22:07:52 CEST 2011

Hello,

some comments about all provided options so far:

- google code tracker -- haven't use it at all, going to look a bit at it

- github - maybe I missed some setting, but the issue tracker there
seems to be to simplistic - no way to categorize in bugs or feature requests

- jira - folks at SER used it in the past when we were two projects,
reporting that it was rather buggy to keep using it -- maybe it was just
the version purchased at that time (several years ago). I am not
familiar with its administration at all

- mantis - I have no experience with it to say pro/con opinions. Is the
administration (upgrade, patching) easy enough? Does it support
multi-projects on the same instance?

- redmine - it is the one I use for various needs, therefore I have some
experience with its administration. However, I cannot say that it is a
thing I would like to take care of. It seems to be a bit heavy, I had to
patch it (for some quite basic features such as different email address
for different projects or the body of notification emails -- I have to
say I am not that familiar with it and I may have missed some
plugins/settings)

For self installed app, at this time my preferences would be redmine,
mantis, jira --  a big + to rise the rank in the order would come if
there is going to be someone to commit for the maintenance of either
one. Haven't made my mind for hosted options yet.

More comments? Any other options?

Thanks,
Daniel

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat