[SR-Users] issue tracking system

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jul 19 20:05:24 CEST 2011

We have been extremely happy with Mantis as a self-hosted approach.
It is easy to use, yet has the sophistication and flexibility for a
needed to manage a project of non-trivial size.

On the other hand, Digium recently moved away from it in favour of
JIRA for issues.asterisk.org.

For fairly large projects like this one[1], I have always favoured
internal hosting of such systems in order to maintain maximum control,
use optional plugins, make customisations, etc.  I think that would
make the most sense for the SR/Kamailio community.

-- Alex

[1] It's not nearly as large as say, the Linux kernel, but it's bigger
than 99% of open-source which, after all, consists largely of projects
done by one person or a few people at most.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC