[SR-Users] kamailio - proxy/relay

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Jul 14 01:36:32 CEST 2011

2011/7/14 Sunny <no7find at gmail.com>:
> but not in this:
> [UA] <-- [KAMAILIO] <-- [IP-PBX  ]
> because Kamailio is not keeping the location of the UA.
>
> I want to register UA's on Kamailio, but the authentication is done by
> [IP-PBX]...
> So Kamailio as Outbound Proxy + Location Server ... any idea on how I can
> achieve this configuration?

Use Path mechanism so Kamailio would add a "Path" header in the
REGISTER before relaying it to the PBX. But the PBX MUST support Path
mechanism (RFC 3327).

Anyhow, for sure you would do much better by making Kamailio also
acting as a registrar. Why do you need the PBX to be the registrar?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>