[SR-Users] memory requirements for a registrar server

Henning Westerholt Henning.Westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Jul 14 00:27:18 CEST 2011

Fabian wrote:
> ok, great...this is, I think, the relevant section on config.h

Hi Fabian,

> #define PKG_MEM_SIZE 4
> #define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE PKG_MEM_SIZE*1024*1024        /*!< used only if PKG_MALLOC is defined*/
> #define SHM_MEM_SIZE 32                         /*!< used if SH_MEM is defined*/
>

> SHM_MEM_SIZE 32 --> this looks like 32 MB
> and PKG_MEM_SIZE 4 looks like Bytes, that is why the PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE is multiplied by 1024*1024 to get MBs I assume.

Correct, 4MB and 32MB. I'll have a look to to the file to document it a bit better in the next days.

You don't need to change config.h to change the shared pool. There exists a cmd line parameter,
have a look to 'man kamailio' or run 'kamailio -h' for more informations. The specified values are
just used in the case nothing else is configured. They are also some cfg script parameters, i think.

Regards,

Henning