[SR-Users] memory requirements for a registrar server

Fabian Borot fborot at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 22:59:52 CEST 2011

Hello
We are going to use kamailio 3.1.4 for a registrar server and need to know if the default parameters [shared memory and the like] is fine or if we need to plan in advance and increase it at compile time. If so, how should we proceed about it?

For subscribers and location type of information, which memory type should we be more concerned about? private memory, shared memory, memory per process etc because it looks like some modules use shared memory others private memory etc.

Also , I see that the command "kamctl fifo get_statistics all" gives info about memory used etc. How should we interpret the output like this:

shmem:fragments = 24
shmem:free_size = 9665456
shmem:max_used_size = 23915072
shmem:real_used_size = 23888976
shmem:total_size = 33554432
shmem:used_size = 23648072

is this fifo function exported by a specific module?

thank you in advance
fborot