[SR-Users] Kamailio 1.5: replying a 200 (OPTIONS) with SDP

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Jul 12 15:37:14 CEST 2011

Hi, I've a stupid SIP PBX (Alcatel) which after registering sends a
periodic OPTIONS with no RURI username and with "Accept:
application/sdp". My proxy replies 200 in this case, but without SDP
body (how could I know which codecs to show???) and unfortunately the
Alcatel does not like it and send retransmissions of the requests (sad
but true). After a while Alcatel determines that the proxy is down
(pathetic but true).

So I must do a hack and reply 200 with SDP from Kamailio when the
request is an OPTIONS and contains "Accept: application/sdp". I don't
want to forward the OPTIONS to PSTN gateways behind Kamailio for
different reasons.

Which would be the best way to do it? is it possible to add a spoofed
body to a response replied stateless from Kamailio?
Note: options_reply() in siputils module is not valid as AFAIK it does
not show a SDP.

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo