[SR-Users] Memcached Module

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Jul 11 10:27:18 CEST 2011

On Sunday 10 July 2011, Spencer Thomason wrote:
> I'm interested in using the memcached module however it requires
> libmemcache instead of libmemcached.  As libmemcache is no longer
> supported I was curious if anyone had successfully patched the module to
> use libmemcached instead.

Hi Spencer,

i developed the module for the libmemcache (old) library instead of
libmemcached (new) because the new one was then not yet available in debian
stable. Now at least version 0.40 of the new library is available in squeeze.
The old one is also still availabe in sqeeze, so it should still be possible
to use the module here. But in the medium term the module needs to be changed,
you're right.

The last time I looked the new API was a bit different than the old one, but
as the module is not that complicated, it should be not that hard to adapt it,
i guess. I'm not aware of patches in this area, any help is of course welcome.
:-)

> Also as a side note, the provided rpm spec
> files in the git repo erroneously contains a reference to libmemcached.

Can you point me to the specific file or even better send me a small patch?
Then I could fix it.

Best regards,

Henning