[SR-Users] Kamailio 64bit Compile Errors

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:42:23 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 6/28/11 10:37 AM, Nathaniel L Keeling wrote:
> I am trying to install Kamailio 3.1.0 on Solaris 10 that is a sparc
> machine (v120) and is running a 64bit OS. When I originally performed
> the compile utilizing the instructions from the website, I was getting
> warnings about using 32 bit headers. I was able to compile and install
> successfully, but when I started Kamailio, loading of modules were
> failing due to "not found" error. The warning messages:
>
>  "atomic/atomic_sparc.h:41:2: warning: #warning "sparc32 atomic
> operations support not tested""

this is to inform that the developer had no sparc32 machine to test the
code, meaning the support was added based on manuals/documentation. if
you can give it a try and report if it works, then it will be appreciated.

> I thought was because the target architecture specified sparc and not
> sparc64, so I tried specified the target architecture as listed below
> which got rid of the warning messages but then I got ELFCLASS32 error
> messages.

 From the logs below, seems that you have libpcre for 32b only, which is
found by linker and tried to be linked against 64b application. That
fails. You should install the 64b version of libpcre.