[SR-Users] Problem with worst case scenario of accessing 15 gateways over the DISPATCHER module - MAX_BRANCHES is reached

Klaus Feichtinger klaus.lists at inode.at
Sun Jul 3 14:01:25 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a problem in my scenario where I use the dispatcher module for
(round-robin based) distribution of incoming calls to 15 (!) different
gateways. In idle case (= all gateways are up and running or just a
couple of them does not accept calls) my solution is working fine. The
solution is very primitive and based on the example of the dispatcher
module's ReadMe. However, when e.g. 12 of 15 gateways are out of service
(in detail: rejecting the call with "480 - Temporarily Unavailable") and
only the 13th would be okay, I can not reach that gateway. This is
because the TM module is interrupting the distribution with an error
message indicating that the maximum number of branches (per transaction)
is reached (ERROR:/tm/:/add_uac/: /maximum number of branches/ exceeded)....

My first idea for solving this problem was/is in manipulating the
definition of the "max_branches" constant in the config.h file. However,
I prefer using the precompiled Debian packages. Therefore that solution
is not optimal. I have not found a method for decreasing the
destination_set on an easy way... Does anybody know an alternative
solution / workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Klaus