[SR-Users] Kamailio as a routing engine

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 17:02:32 CET 2011

Hello,

On 1/28/11 3:40 AM, Gang Liu wrote:
> Hello,
>        I wrote a H.323/SIP IWF program before, it was based on B2BUA
> framework. Currently I am planning to
> use Kamailio as internal routing server and let IWF become a class 4
> soft switch.That is
>        Inbound ---- H.323/ SIP -- >                    ---- SIP
> routing request-----> Kamailio
>                                                IWF/SBC                                              |
>        Outbound <--- H.323/SIP -- <--- SIP -----------------------------
>       Is it ok to store all voip provider's information at database of
> Kamailio and pass all to IWF at private SIP headers and let IWF as a
> outbound proxy?
you can store in database and use sqlops module to retrieve it for
routing purposes.

>       Is Kamailio as a SIP redirect server or it is better to stay at
> call signaling path until call session ended?
>       It is great to share any information about this.
Using redirect or proxy mode is a matter of your needs, proxy is when
you want to track the call (e.g., accounting), redirect server is more
lightweight (i.e., send 3xx for each call and forget about it).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com