[SR-Users] SIP Recorder

Danny Dias ing.diasdanny at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 18:43:19 CET 2011

Many thanks Jaremya,

The main problem is that both terminals, SHALL (required and must not be
changed, because of standards of EUROCAE ED-137 Part3) initiate a session
with the recorder server (a commercial one, can't use Asterisk for my
disgrace) sending INVITE and receiving the subsequent responses from sip
recording server to stablish the session with it...after this, when the
media starts to go directly peer to peer (the normal call), the terminals
(specials ones) must summarize the IN+OUT audio to the recording server and
through rtsp the media should be recorded...it's weird, but thats the
requirement :S

i mean....

signaling: A---->PROXY---->B (the normal procedure)

At the same time, this must be done: (I'm not sure how to do this...the
proxy could be out of this or not, not sure :()

A ---INVITE---> SIP_PROXY ---INVITE---> SIP_RECORDER
B ---INVITE---> SIP_RECORDER --INVITE--> SIP_RECORDER

Then, The audio will go directly from A to B (because of the normal
procedures), and also, A and B, will summarize IN+OUT on each site and send
this result through RTSP to the recording server (this is not important to
the proxy righ not)...My real doubt is how to stablish the session between
the peers A and B to the recording server through the Proxy and also (at the
same time) continue with the normal flow of the call (invite from a to b,
200 ok viceversa etc etc...)

Should i use some function like t_replicate to send 2 invites like this:

A --INVITE--> PROXY --INVITE--> B
                         .
                         . INVITE
                         .
             RECORDER SERVER

But the problem here is that the session between A and PROXY would be OK,
but i can't see the way how B should send INVITE to the recorder server..

I hope to be clear on my problem :( and i know it looks very weird, but it's
the requirement of the document mentioned above

Thanks in advance!!!