[SR-Users] SIP Recorder

Danny Dias ing.diasdanny at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:28:42 CET 2011

Thanks Jeremya, but it's a requeriment from the client to record the calls
through an external server and not with rtpproxys, my question is how the
media should be handled in order to record the conversations if the server
is external?

Signaling: Phone_A <---> Proxy <---> Phone_B

Media: Phone_A <---> SIP RECORDER <---> Phone_B (Changing the SDP headers to
send RTP to the IP of the SIP RECORDER). The main problem is that the
recording must be made in ACTIVE way, it means, we should record (IN+OUT) in
Phone A, and the same in B, 2 recording for each call...the customer says
that it's working now in his arquitecture (its analog), and we made the same
with the IP technology...resuming: with a sip recorder in the middle of the
media should work right?

2011/1/26 Jeremya <jeremy at electrosilk.net>

> Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen enough examples of
> out-of-dialog requests (e.g. BYE) not using the record route to wonder
> if this is in fact required for a new dialog.
>
> I've managed this by setting outbound proxy, but a general rule would help.
>
> marius zbihlei wrote:
> > On 01/26/2011 03:51 PM, Danny Dias wrote:
> >> Media NEVER goes through a Proxy core...the question is, how should i
> >> record conversations when the calls are all passing through a sip
> >> proxy? some lights will be enough for me :)
> >>

> > Hello,
> >
> > Use Record-Route headers to force in-dialog requests to have the same
> > path as the original (also you might want to the a look to Path header
> > for REGISTER requests). This will solve the signaling part For Media,
> > I think rtpproxy module will achieve what you want (ignore NAT -
> > basically all you need is to re-write some media attributes in the
> > sdp). The rtpproxy daemon will also be needed.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Marius

Ing. Danny Dias
www.DannTEL.net