[SR-Users] manual dispatching

Thu Jan 13 18:11:44 CET 2011

Am 13.01.2011 17:32, schrieb Klaus Darilion:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to use probing implementation in dispatcher module to keep
> track of the state of the gateways, but I want to choosing a gateway
> manually in the config.
>
> For example I defined a dispatcher set with 6 entries. Then in .cfg I
> want to retrieve a certain entry from the set (by index) and its state
> (active, inactive, probing).
>
> AFAIS there is currently now way to do this. Does anybody knows a
> workaround or maybe another way for manual dispatching but automatic
> probing?

Just as an idea - do you think that will work?
- use htable for storage of the GW-list and their state
- use rtimer to execute 'probe' route every few seconds
- in probe route iterate over GW-list and send OPTIONS requests (with
short timeout) to the GWs
- use response_route/failure_route to get the OPTIONS response and set
the GW state accordingly

- In normal routing logic then I could use the htable to retrive the GW
address and the state.

Is it possible to get the response status (200 OK, internally generated
408) of local generated transactions in response route? Is it possible
to activate a failure route for local generated transactions?

Thanks
Klaus