[SR-Users] Dispatcher Setting

Carsten Bock lists at bock.info
Thu Jan 13 11:39:01 CET 2011

Hi Bernhard,

that is simply up to you. But for my production setups so far, i used
to catch 408, 5xx and 6xx.
- 408 of course, it is a timeout (others were always valid responses in my case)
- 5xx is, according to the RFC, a server failure, so that particular
server cannot process the request.
- 6xx is, according to the RFC, a global failure, a definite answer
about the destination.

Actually, if you take the RFC seriously, you should not disable based
upon a 6xx response, since if it is implemented correctly, no-one can
answer the question, not only the choosen destination. However, many
network components do not take this too seriously, so that was a valid
"failed" answer for a system

Kind regards,
Carsten

2011/1/13 Bernhard Suttner <bernhard.suttner at winet.ch>:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the Dispatcher module to load-balance the calls to several freeswitch servers.
>
> On which responses within the failure_route should be a fallback to another server (dst_next_dst())? I am sure, that on a 408 response there should be a fallback but whats about other 4XX responses and 5XX or 6XX?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Bernhard Suttner

Carsten Bock