[SR-Users] PATCH: parallel debian build support

Noa Resare noa at spotify.com
Tue Jan 4 14:32:39 CET 2011

I would, except it seems I can't register with the tracker. My (rather
strict) email service provider refuses the registration confirmation
message:

Jan  3 14:10:30 ralf postfix/smtpd[26508]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
rimmer.ryngle.com[78.46.84.71]: 504 5.5.2 <rimmer>: Helo command rejected:
need fully-qualified hostname; from=<admin at sip-router.org> to=<
noa at resare.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<rimmer>

Adding "myhostname = rimmer.ryngle.com" to /etc/postifx/main.conf on rimmer
and reloading postifx should fix this.

/noa

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <
daniel at kamailio.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the patch. Please upload it to tracker so it does not get lost
> in the mailing list:
> http://sip-router.org/tracker
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>

> On 1/3/11 11:33 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>
>> Cool.
>>
>> Will the numbers for CPUs autodetected or do I have to provide them at the
>> command line (how)?
>>
>> regards
>> klaus
>>
>> Am 31.12.2010 16:05, schrieb Noa Resare:
>>
>>> Friends,
>>>
>>> The attached patch implements parallel building of the debian packages
>>> using the -j parameter to make.
>>> Predictably this gives package building a serious speed boost on an 8
>>> way xeon with solid state drives :)
>>>
>>> To make things even simpler, I've pushed a branch debian-packaging to
>>> git://git.resare.com/kamailio <http://git.resare.com/kamailio> that you
>>> can pull from and merge with master using the following commands:
>>>
>>> git remote add resare git://git.resare.com/kamailio
>>> <http://git.resare.com/kamailio>
>>> git fetch resare
>>> <check out the resare/debian-packaging branch, inspect>
>>> <merge it into master>
>>>
>>> A note on the patch:
>>>
>>> - I've replaced the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS:="$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS) nostrip"
>>> (which puts literal quote characters in the make variable with a
>>> construct using the += operator.
>>>
>>> -It passes the basic test of building packages without failing with the
>>> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS environment variable set to parallel=8 as well as
>>> unset on squeeze and lenny.
>>>
>>> /noa
>>>
>>> --
>>> Everything is secret.