[SR-Users] MI FIFO command dlg_end_dlg in Kamailio 1.5.x

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Jan 3 16:00:01 CET 2011

On Thursday 30 December 2010, Alex Balashov wrote:
> I have not tried in 3.0+, but in Kamailio 1.5.x, the documentation says
> that the MI FIFO command 'dlg_end_dlg' will only terminate confirmed
> dialogs.
>
> That's fair.  However, I am concerned about what it does with
> unconfirmed dialogs (e.g. early dialogs).  When I run 'kamctl fifo
> dlg_end_dlg SOME_HASH_ENTRY SOME_HASH_ID' it returns a positive value as
> if the dialog were deleted, but it is not actually deleted.  It
> continues to show up in 'kamctl fifo profile_list_dlgs SOME_PROFILE
> SOME_VALUE', and continues to be linked to the profile, which is a
> problem if profiles are being used to enforce concurrent channel limits.
>
> Subsequent invocations of 'kamctl fifo dlg_end_dlg SOME_HASH_ENTRY
> SOME_HASH_ID' return:  404 Requested dialog not found.
>
> Is this a bug?  A feature?  What should one do with these permanent
> suspended dialogs other than to restart the proxy?

Hi Alex,

have you checked out this thread on sr-dev:

"[dialog MI dlg_end_dlg] error when terminating a dialog in state 2 (never
removed from memory)" ? A probably similar problem was discussed here to some
extend.

With regards to your observed behaviour, if i look to commit 6017 in 1.5
branch, it looks like it should return a negative reply, but maybe this is
later on not correctly passed to the FIFO.

So the problem you mention only happens if you use the FIFO cmd, or do you
will end up also without running it with this stale dialogs? What about the
dlg_timeout, are this stale dlgs not collected by it?

Cheers,

Henning