[SR-Users] Bad File Descriptor

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 19:46:59 CET 2011

Hello,

what is the version you are using?

On 2/17/11 7:35 PM, David J. wrote:
>  5(20390) ERROR: <core> [udp_server.c:586]: ERROR: udp_send:
> sendto(sock,0x7f67f7f94d14,4,0,69.117.34.101:2048,16): Bad file
> descriptor(9)
>  5(20390) ERROR: nathelper [nathelper.c:1722]: udp_send failed
>

> I see this error when I try to restart kamailio after crash;

What is the cause for the crash? Do you have a log or core for that?

> I see the cause of this problem is 'stale' entries in the location table;
>
> If I delete this entries kamailio starts fine; any suggestions to
> prevent this from continuously happening.
Is any change in the IP address of the server upon restart?

Do the errors persist or they stop after a while? They are related to
NAT keepalives sent by nathelper module, so they don't affect the sip
traffic and if they are for stale contacts then they are fully harmless.
The stale contacts should be automatically removed after a while by
usrloc module.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com