[SR-Users] Failover with UCARP and Monit

Klaus Feichtinger klaus.lists at inode.at
Thu Feb 17 14:05:40 CET 2011

Hi,

I have built a similar solution with only one difference: I am using
HEARTBEAT instead of ucarp. In heartbeat it is possible moving
"haresources" from one active host to another. So, I activate MONIT (and
mysql + kamailio) only when the resources (e.g. virtual IP address) are
switched from one host to the other.

A sample config of heartbeat looks like:

[...]
Srv1 drbddisk::dbdata \
     Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/mnt/drbdfiles::ext3 \
     10.0.0.1 mysql kamailio start-monit
[...]

Maybe you can use a pendant to these 'resources' in ucarp, too. I do not
know any details.

regard,
Klaus