[SR-Users] Failover with UCARP and Monit

Hugh Waite hugh.waite at crocodile-rcs.com
Wed Feb 16 11:48:42 CET 2011

Hello,
I am setting up a high-availablilty kamailio system using UCARP to
failover between active and standby instances. To detect failure, we
intend to use Monit.
Monit can monitor the kamailio PID and start the process when needed
(Example on the wiki
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:configure-initd-script) and
it can also do OPTIONS pings to verify it is working. If the pings fail
we will initiate a ucarp swap.

However if the server is currently in standby, it does not have the V-IP
address, so I don't want to run the OPTIONS pings (I think).

Does anyone use a similar system and can provide an example of how
ucarp, monit and kamailio can work together?

Many thanks,

Hugh Waite