[SR-Users] pdb module timeouts

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Feb 11 09:33:05 CET 2011

On Wednesday 09 February 2011, Thomas Baumann wrote:
> I am using the PDB module and server components for number portability. 2
> instances of PDB Server runs on (10.12.19.51/10001/10002), Kamailio on
> (10.12.19.21). With a small amount of traffic (-cmax 150 -cps 10
> -callduration 3), where are timeouts: WARNING: pdb [pdb.c:260]: exceeded
> timeout while waiting for response.
>
> One requested number was 307111094, where the module prints out a timeout.
>
> The funny part is, that I can see the responses at least arriving at the
> 10.12.19.21 interface on time.
>
> Request send: 0,200855 s
> Answer received: 0,201027 s
>
> That are 0,172 ms and far away from a timeout.
>
> What could be the reason ?

Hi Thomas,

a bit difficult to say on a first sight.. Maybe some scheduling or load issues
on the local machine? I've just checked two production server here, i don't
see it so far in the available logs.

How much load do you've on the machine? And what kind of timeout value do you
specified?

> ps. A small change on the server part was done: handle 4 digit carrier
> codes.

Ah, i see. I guess its not a big change?

Regards,

Henning