[SR-Users] module postgres SER

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 16:25:30 CET 2011

Hello,

On 2/9/11 2:19 PM, Bruno Bresciani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen the problem in a postgres module (SER-0.8.1.4), if the
> connection fails and module tries to reparse url it fails as
> CON_SQLURL(_h) is corrupted by the function aug_free() after some
> reconnect attempts . When the postgres database back to work, some
> modules doesn't get reconnect because the db_url is corrupted. Why
> this is happening? There are some solution for this problem?
ser 0.8.1.4 is soooo old and I cannot fully remember, but I think
postgres module had no reconnect functionality at all by that time.

However, version 3.1.x of SER (as well as Kamailio flavour) has db
reconnect functionality for postgres. You can try it and report if
something is not working, it will be fixed in 3.x, but I think nobody is
still developing on 0.8.x to backport anything there.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com