[SR-Users] Reloading a module without restart

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 11:44:16 CET 2011

Hello,

you cannot reload the module, but now there is support to change module
parameters at runtime. Not all of modules support that but more and more
will do it in the future. Also, many global parameters can be changed at
runtime without restart -- this is a features starting with v3.0.

The need for restart will be when you change the content of the routing
blocks in config file.

On 2/3/11 8:12 PM, Stagg Shelton wrote:
> Thank you.  I just wanted to make sure that an undocumented procedure
> did not exist.  I'll continue with my maintenance window to restart.
>
> Thanks
> Stagg
>
> On 2/3/11 1:47 PM, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
>> The kamailio config is a monolithic one (not per module - like
>> asterisk) and therefor the notion of reloading a module doesn't make
>> sense.
>> On the other hand, a config reload require server restart:
>> http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/troubleshooting:faq#qis_it_possible_to_reload_openser_s_configuration_file_with_a_signal
>>

>> Regards,
>> Ovidiu Sas
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Stagg Shelton<stagg at vocalcloud.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Is it possible to reload a module such as siptrace without requiring
>>> a full
>>> restart of kamailio.  I have changed my db_url modparam for the
>>> siptrace
>>> module and would like to avoid restarting kamailio if possible.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Stagg

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com