[SR-Users] Database connections

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 15:27:31 CET 2011

Hello,

On 12/20/11 12:52 PM, Mariana Arduini wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm running some performance tests and need to know how does the
> database connections work. Are they open when we start OpenSER and are
> kept open for each process or they just open before a query and closed
> afterwards? Does anyone know where I can find such info?
most of them are open at startup and kept alive for runtime duration,
being closed at shutdown. There is a connection pool per process, so
there is only one connection to a database from the same process.

In vary rare occasions, when Kamailio is not processing SIP traffic but
MI/RPC commands, it may happen to have the connection open, query done
and then connection closed.

If you want to learn more about DB API, then look at devel guide:

http://www.asipto.com/pub/kamailio-devel-guide/#c09database

and sources in lib/srdb1 (the one mainly used in kamailio (thus former
openser) modules).