[SR-Users] Dispatcher module with call load balancing

Mino Haluz mino.haluz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:06:43 CET 2011

Hi,

I would like to use the dispatcher module with algorithm 10 - call load
balancing. But there are multiple things that are a bit unclear to me. I
have multiple gateways that can serve different maximum number of calls.

1) Can I somehow set the maximum calls count for each dispatcher gateway,
so that it can fairly distribute the calls? I know it is stateless module,
but how could I solve this?
2) Is there any method how can I get the current number of calls for each
gateway from the dispatcher module?
3) What is the expiration timer in the dispatcher module for dialogs if the
dialog is canceled uncleanly ?
4) Imagine I will restart kamailio, it will lose the call count and the
distribution will be incorrect. Maybe it could nice, that kamailio would
offer MI command to set these values.

Thanks for the responses,
Mino