[SR-Users] force_send_socket and IPv6

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Dec 14 19:12:19 CET 2011

Hey,

One more thing related to outbound routing. Maybe this question is
stupid, but I still have to learn a lot regarding IPv6 :)

So my Jitsi registered fine, the contact in location table looks like this:

contact:
sip:testuser1@[x::x]:5060;transport=udp;registering_acc=192_168_51_133

When I call this AoR (from an IPv4 subscriber, but that shouldn't
matter), it's being loaded into R-URI, I select my IPv6 socket using
$fs, then do the relay. However, I get this error in my logs (first line
is my log message before t_relay):

INFO: <script>: Relaying request, fs='udp:[x::y]:5060' - M=INVITE
R=sip:testuser1@[2a00:4600:1:0:18fc:aeff:fea0:e6af]:5060;transport=udp;registering_acc=192_168_51_133

ERROR: tm [ut.h:295]: ERROR: uri2dst: failed to resolve "[x::x]"
:unresolvable A or AAAA request (-7)

Is there something I haven't considered yet? Why would it try a DNS
lookup for this R-URI?

Andreas