[SR-Users] 503 on DB Error

Spencer Thomason spencer at 5ninesolutions.com
Fri Dec 9 18:54:55 CET 2011

Hello all,
Is it possible to configure Kamailio to reply to a request with a 503 if it cannot connect to a necessary database for the operation?

I.e.  Kamailio cannot connect to the database, when a REGISTER comes in and userloc can't find the credentials (due to DB failure), respond with a 503.  The requesting endpoint can then fail over properly.  The same behaviour would be desired for other modules as well, i.e. aliasdb.

I noticed using 3.1.5 that it simply does not authorize the user.

Thanks,
Spencer