[SR-Users] Can the SBC (Kamailio 3.1.x and FreeSWITCH 1.0.6+) do Upper Registration?

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Tue Dec 6 14:58:45 CET 2011

Hi,

On 12/06/2011 02:41 PM, edson.gomes.leme wrote:
> I need the following feature: Upper Registration - This feature forwards
> REGISTER requests sent from Client Phone to another server as configured
> at SBC. A client can send just one REGISTER request to SBC to register
> itself both at SBC and at other server (mysipswitch). This is,
> capability of relaying registrations to upper registrars. In other
> words: Capability to hijack-registrations towards upstream registrars.

You can do this out-of-the-box with the latest SPCE, which uses Kamailio
and Sems to achieve this. See "SBC Functionality" in
http://www.sipwise.com/news/announcements/spce-v2_4-release/

If you don't want to use the whole bundle, you can still check how it's
done there (dig into sbc and db_reg_agent modules in Sems configuration).

Andreas