[SR-Users] Monitoring inquiry

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 13:07:55 CET 2011

Hello,

On 11/30/11 9:16 PM, Jenkins, Rachel wrote:

> I have a couple questions as it relates to monitoring a Kamailio SIP
> Server.
>
> 1.Do you have an OID that we can poll via SNMP-GETs to show call
> completion statistics? Either the % of completion or the
> accepting/connecting statistics. If you do not have an OID, do you
> have a syslog or trap message that can be generated?

the snmpstats module exports the statistics of the dialog module, which
counts completed calls, failed calls, a.s.o.

You can get the statistics also via MI or RPC control interface, for
example with kamctl:

kamctl fifo get_statistics all

> 2.Do you have an OID that we can poll to get a list errors that were
> generated? Ex-OID for a 408 or 503. If not, is there a syslog or trap?

There are internal statistics for classes of reply codes and also to
some very common ones -- you can get them in the same way, via mi/rpc or
snmpstats.

> 3.Can you recommend a way to view the MOS score -- possible hardware
> tap on network to get MOS?

Never worked with such thing, maybe someone else can help.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat