[SR-Users] new functionality: CDR-based accounting

Timo Reimann timo.reimann at 1und1.de
Fri Aug 19 13:45:58 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 17.08.2011 11:46, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> On 8/11/11 10:12 AM, Timo Reimann wrote:
>> Hey Graham,
>>

>> On 10.08.2011 14:27, Graham Wooden wrote:
>>> I would be interested in the 1.5 backported module. Is that available
>>> for the masses?
>> I personally wouldn't mind publishing the backport code. One interesting
>> question, however, is in what form to do that. Several approaches come
>> to my mind:
>>
>> - A separate branch with just the patch.
>> - A separate Kamailio 1.5 branch with the modified code.
>> - Distribution via the mailing list.
>> - Distribution in private.
>>
>> Naturally, I'd favor something centralized to allow more people access
>> to the code.
>>
>> @Daniel: What's your thought on this? Do you have a preferred way?
>
> Maybe uploading it (a tarball if big or just the patch file) on the
> tracker is another quite easy possibility. Either on the one from
> sip-router.org, or, since it is 1.5, can be even on the sourceforge.net.
> This will allow to upload new versions of the files if changes are
> needed in the future. Then provide the link to the tracker item on the
> mailing list.
>
> I would prefer no commit on the mainstream SVN branches, so we do not
> open past releases, that will create lot of confusion.

As Daniel suggested, I put the patch on the Sourceforge tracker:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3394470&group_id=139143&atid=743022

If something's not working as expected, please let me know. Note,
however, that support for the 1.5 branch cannot be guaranteed and will
discontinue very soon from my side.

Cheers,

--Timo