[SR-Users] decode_mime_type error

Bucur Marius bucur_marius_ovidiu at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 08:23:44 CEST 2011

Hello Jijo,

It seems like the decode_mime_type is a somehow broken. The comma is very well allowed in boundary, as you said. The BNF specified in RFC2046 permits it.
But, the decode_mime_type function ignores everything coming after comma. More than that, it notifies the function caller that this content type has multiple mime types.
I think the author of the function thought of something like:

This is wrong, hence the comma can be in a parameter (like in your case).
I think the best fix, as you said is to remove that check, hence a non-NULL return value doesn't mean anything (that the content type has multiple mime types).
Another fix is to write a "good" decode_mime_type, that checks if the comma is inside a parameter. I don't know if effort is worth it.

One thing we need to do is to check if there are any functions in Kamailio that call decode_mime_type and also perform this check (ret != end).

Cheers,
Marius