[SR-Users] subscriber table reload

Fri Aug 12 09:12:46 CEST 2011

Am 11.08.2011 19:39, schrieb Fabian Borot:
> thank you alex
>
> so that means that we can populate the subscribers table manually, so
> that when a user is going to register the first time kamailio will look
> the account up and get the user, passwd etc to prepare the md5
> challenge.

Yes

> Then once the user is able to  register depending on the
> settings for usrloc db [db_mode=0,1,2,3]  the record will be in memory
> and/or db.

No. The subscriber table is never cached. Every authentication request
will cause a lookup in the database.

> and if we have a huge subscribers table, since apparently kamailio wont
> load those values in memory [only the AOR for the registered users] that
> is not a problem at all right?

Thus, Kamailio does not care how many subscribers are in the table.
Regarding load, the only thing that matters is the number of
authentication requests per time interval.

You can not avoid the authentication load for INVITEs, but you can
increase the "idle load" caused by REGISTER requests by increasing the
expire value.

regards
klaus