[SR-Users] Using Kamailio to convert TCP to TLS

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 13:51:25 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 8/9/11 1:43 PM, aur.hoffmann at free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use Kamailio as a TCP<=>  TLS convertor ?
> Do you think it's possible ?
>
> I have developed a software (which simulate a SIP phone) which can use UDP or
> TCP (not TLS).
> I need a SIP proxy to convert TCP to TLS.
>
> For example:
> UA =>  TCP OPTION (5060) =>  Kamailio =>  TLS OPTION (5061) =>  OXE
> UA<= TCP 200 OK (5060)<= Kamailio<= TLS 200 OK (5061)<= OXE
>
> Do you think Kamailio can do that ?
it is possible, Kamailio can do bridging of SIP signaling traffic
between UDP, TCP, TLS and UDP as well as in combination of the four with
IPv4 and IPv6 (for example you can have incoming TCP on IPv4 to outgoing
TLS on IPv6).

For TCP to TLS just load and configure TLS module:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/tls.html

Be sure you enable listening on TLS socket:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/core-cookbook:3.1.x#enable_tls

Then Kamailio will automatically do the bridging of the signaling once
you call a relay function that has the destination over TLS.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat