[SR-Users] Using SR for Number Translation & Number Portabilty Applications

Yaron Nachum nachum.yaron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 19:50:57 CEST 2011

Hi Everyone,
I have downloaded SR r 3.1.4 and have been playing around with it. I am
considering implementing Number Translation services (1800...) and Number
Portability Services on it. We have around 20K entries on the Number
Translation Service and around 3M entries on the Number portability Service.
The volume is around 100 caps.

I have started working with the carrierroute module - it seems perfect for
the Number translation Service, but I am not sure about the Number
portability. I have several questions:
1. Is it possible to use this module with several millions of entries?
2. What is the impact of loading the table? Is it possible to do it during
traffic hours?

I have read about PDB module, but I haven't understood how to setup the PDB
server. I would appreciate for any guidance. Would you recommend using the
PDB module for the Number Portability or the carrierroute?

Thanks.