[SR-Users] Homer Project

Alexandr Dubovikov alexandr.dubovikov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 17:49:39 CEST 2011

Hello sr-users,

I would like to present a new project called "Homer".

What is Homer ?

Homer is a capture solution for SIP logging.

How does it work?

Homer has 4 components:
1. Capture Agent
2. Capture Node
4. Capture DB
3. Web GUI.

The capture agent takes your local SIP traffic and sends it to the defined
capture node in HEP protocol.
If you are user of FreeSWITCH or Kamailio, use build-in capture agent. In
other case, you can use an external generic daemon, but only for SIP/UDP.
The capture node is based on kamailio, can receive SIP traffic encapsulated
in IP proto 4 (IPIP) or in HEP procotol and store it into MySQL DB.
To gain access to the capture DB, download a simple webinterface (PHP
based). After it you are able to do search, generate PCAP file,
callflow, look at the details of SIP messages etc.

Homer works in our company and easy collect ~5 M packets per hour.

The patches for kamailio and some other information can be found here:
http://homer.googlecode.com

Beta testers are welcome :-) I'll help everybody to setup/configure Homer
:-)

With best regards,
Alexandr