[SR-Users] xmlrpc requests counted as unsupported_methods

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 23:10:23 CEST 2011

On 4/20/11 7:51 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Juha Heinanen writes:
>
>> looks like core stats counts xmlrpc requests served by
>>
>> route [xmlrpc_requests]
>>
>> as unsupported_methods.
>>
>> is there anything a user can do about it or is it a bug that should be
>> fixed?
> this gets more and more confusing.  file core_stats.h does not list
> unsupported_methods stat at all.  looks like it is some k specific core
> stat.  how many cores does there exist?  also, not all stats in
> core_stats.h are returned by mi statistics core: command and there
> appears to be no ctl command to list the stats in core_stats.h.
unsupported_methods stat is exported by kex module and counted in
pre-cfg scrip callback. I see in the sources of the xmlrpc module that
it calls all the pre-cfg script callsback, therefore xmlrpc methods
(like GET) are counted as well. Since they are not in the internal list
of known methods, they are counted as unsupported. The same will happen
with xcap-server related requests. Of course a filter can be done in the
kex module to skip http request types, but does it give any benefits
overall?

> -- juha

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com