[SR-Users] stats in kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 09:48:45 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 4/18/11 12:12 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>>> i'm coming back to this rather old thread.  my question is, what is the
>>> benefit (if any) of using htable to store the stats as opposed to shared
>>> variables ($shv instead of $sht)?
>> the benefit of using htable is dynamic name for keys, otherwise the
>> shared variables are faster to access.
> daniel,
>
> thanks for your answer.  in case of statistics, the names are known in
> advance,
depending, if I want to keep some counters per user, IP a.s.o, then I
use PVs to build the name of the counter.
>   so perhaps for them shared variables would be the best choice.
Note that you can define custom statistics as well:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/statistics.html#id3053860

It can be a better alternative when having fixed name.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com