[SR-Users] Fwd: [RAI] SIPit 28 summary

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sun Apr 17 02:01:40 CEST 2011

2011/4/16 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
> As for next release, there are lot of features added
> (http://sip-router.org/wiki/features/new-in-devel), more to come, but I
> think most of developers here got tired hunting the ghosts of IETF specs
> that never were any useful nor had a touch with the reality.
>
> As of myself, I really work now on what is demanded, there is no time to
> jump and implement any rfc/draft published based on theories elaborated by
> guys that never implemented their specs. Moreover, some of them are now in
> different boat and make "incredible" statements about sip considering their
> role in the past with this protocol...

Hi Daniel, I strongly agree with you (and sure you know I'm a good
"friend" of IETF-way= :)

I just said that, IMHO, gruu and tcp-outbound are two cool features.
Of course, both need implementation in client and server side. The
fact that there are not gruu implementations yet doesn't mean that the
feature is interesting.

Cheers.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo