[SR-Users] Fwd: [RAI] SIPit 28 summary

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Apr 16 19:30:39 CEST 2011

16 apr 2011 kl. 15.59 skrev Iñaki Baz Castillo:

>> Support for various items in the proxy/registrars:
>>  50% path
>>  50% outbound
>>  33% sip/stun multiplexing
>>  20% diversion
>>  18% gruu
>>  17% history-info
>>  17% service-route
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong:
>
> Items implemented in Kamailio/sip-router:
> - path
> - diversion

Yes, Kamailio is behind and after focusing so much on the merger of the code I think it would be good to plan some new features for a coming release. The issue is what of all the new SIP features we need. History-info seems useful for Asterisk, don't know how much it will affect Kamailio. Gruu, well. I haven't seen many implementations out there. I can theoretically see a need for it both in NAT situations and IPv6. Diversion is deprecated. Outbound is the final NAT traversal solution - which seems to be getting a lot of traction. Remember that there was very few participants in this SIPit so 50% is not a "market share" - far from it.

/O