[SR-Users] RTPProxy and bridging IPv4/IPv6 with parallel forking

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:07:21 CEST 2011

Hello,

>>> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/rtpproxy.html#id3012059
>>> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/rtpproxy.html#id3009496
>>>
>>> So the branch doing ipv4-ipv6 will have a flag set and use a particular
>>> rtpproxy. On the 200ok, you can check the branch flag and engage again
>>> the proper rtpproxy.
>> That's a nice idea. Some time ago I tried the same setup and failed. Are
>> there some easy methods to find out if a target is IPv4 or IPv6, e.g.
>> something like
>>
>>   if ( is_ipv6("$rd") ) {
>>   }
>>
> Now you have opened a can of worms. Let me start :-)
>
> If I have a dual stack UA and registers with an IPv4 address - how do you know that I'm dual stack? I really don't need an RTP proxy.
>
> The IETF thinks we should use SIP outbound and register twice. Kamailio doesn't support this as far as I remember and won't see that we have two locations for the very same UA.
well, in the worse case will be parallel forking, if it is with
different q values, then can be turned into serial forking.

What IETF SIP outbound specs you are referring here? Since 3.0, coming
via ser, the core has support for stun and keepalives according to some
draft-xxx-sip-outbound, which might be a rfc by now.

> Now, if you have a URI like "sip:board at kamailio.org" and that URI's domain has two priority levels of SRV records. The first level is only IPv4 and the second level includes IPv6 to indicate a preference to receive calls in IPv4 and an ability to receive them in IPv6 if that's preferred by the caller. Would Kamailio understand this?
>
> There is work to be done here.
> /O

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com